If you have ever suffered through the excruciating pain of migraines, you know they are so much more than bad headaches. If you have not ever had migraines, you may wonder if the headaches you are having are actually migraines. Migraines are as unique as the person suffering from them, and not all the symptoms are the same for everyone. Here is a list of things that most often occur with migraines:
- Pounding head pain with a throbbing sensation
- Usually, only one side of the head is affected, not always
- Dizziness or vertigo (a spinning sensation)
- Nausea sometimes accompanied by vomiting
- Blind spots or other visual disturbances
Migraines can also impact you so severely that often all you can do is lie down in a cool, dark room and wait until they pass. Headaches are not that intense. Migraines can last from 4 to 72 hours.
Home Remedies to Help Mitigate Attacks of Migraines
There are some things you can do to help keep your migraines from occurring so often. Here are some ideas you may want to put into practice:
- Keep your stress levels under control. Stress is the biggest contributor to migraines. If you feel your stress levels rising, try taking a warm shower, get a massage, do some stretching, read a good book, engage in a favorite hobby, take a walk, or do whatever helps you to de-stress.
- Keep a migraine diary. Writing down what foods you ate, what the weather was like, what stress you endured, and similar things can help you see a pattern develop and find your personal triggers.
- Visit an upper cervical chiropractor.
How Upper Cervical Care Helps Migraines
Migraines have been linked a misalignment in the bones of the upper cervical spine. Misalignments easily occur after vehicle accidents, sports injuries, or even hitting your head. If either the C1 or C2 vertebra is out of alignment, it can put pressure on the brainstem and lead to such things as migraines. We use a gentle method here at Advanced Spinal Care in Redwood City, California, to coax the bones back into place without the need to crack the spine. Case studies have proven these gentle adjustments to be effective.
To schedule a complimentary consultation call our Redwood City office at 650-595-0500 You can also click the button below.
if you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.