Fibromyalgia ranks as the second most common muscle disorder. As many as 6 to 12 million people have fibromyalgia, according to the American Chronic Pain Association. Fibromyalgia sufferers experience severe pain in the muscles and bones and other distressing symptoms.
Let’s dive into the fibromyalgia symptoms, common risk factors, and a natural treatment that works to alleviate the fibromyalgia pain.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
Someone who has fibromyalgia may live through some or all the following:
- Chronic body pain and tenderness
- Stiffness, particularly in the morning
- Numbness and tingling, especially in the hands and feet
- Cognitive problems such as memory and concentration issues
- Irritable bowels
- Depression and anxiety
Researchers have discovered a link between fibromyalgia symptoms and a malfunction in the central nervous system, particularly the manner in which the brain processes pain signals. As a result, people with fibromyalgia feel pain more intensely than normal healthy people.
Risk Factors for Fibromyalgia
For some people, the onset of fibromyalgia comes with no warning signs. What makes a person at higher risk to develop fibromyalgia? The following factors increase one’s chances of getting the disorder.
- Being female – As many as 90% of fibromyalgia cases are in women. They are more likely to get fibromyalgia than men due to hormonal fluctuations. Menopause increases the risk even more.
- Genes – Researchers recognize that specific genetic markers may prompt a person to have fibromyalgia.
- Lifestyle – When someone is physically inactive, he or she becomes more prone to musculoskeletal issues.
- Trauma – If you have had some head or neck trauma in the past, it could lead to the development of fibromyalgia.
Effective and Natural Fibromyalgia Care in Redwood City, California
Fibromyalgia is just one of the many illnesses that upper cervical chiropractic care can treat. Upper cervical chiropractic care addresses the root cause of fibromyalgia rather than just providing temporary relief. Here at Advanced Spinal Care, we focus on the C1 and C2 vertebrae as they protect the brainstem against damage. However, if the vertebrae are misaligned, they can put pressure on the brainstem and cause it to malfunction, including malfunctioning in the sending of pain signals to the brain.
We specialize in misalignments of the upper spine and help those who have suffered a head or neck injury to restore full body function and be free from fibromyalgia. We will correct your vertebra misalignment through our gentle and science-based method. Once your vertebrae return to their proper position, you can expect a reduction in or complete disappearance of your fibromyalgia symptoms.
To schedule a complimentary consultation call our Redwood City office at 650-595-0500 You can also click the button below.
if you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.