Back pain ranks as the leading cause of disability in the world. As many as 4 out of 5 people will suffer from back pain in one way or another. Back pain can be chronic and debilitating, making every day a struggle. What used to be ordinary tasks become challenging to perform and often result in more pain. Let’s discuss some of the things you can easily do to ease your back pain, and how a chiropractic doctor for back pain based in Redwood City, CA can help you achieve it.
Steps to Relieve Back Pain
Here are some simple things to help you alleviate your back pain:
- Ensure proper sleeping position: Do not sleep on your stomach as it flattens the natural curve of the spine. Lay on your back to allow your head, spine, and neck to rest in a neutral position. If you’re a side sleeper, put a pillow between your knees.
- Maintain good posture: Most back problems originate from improper posture. Always practice good posture by avoiding slouching and keeping your back upright and balanced over your hips when sitting.
- Stay active: Exercise is essential when getting rid of back pain. Whatever your chosen exercise, be consistent in doing it. Avoid sitting and not changing position for an extended period. Create reminders for you to get up and move frequently.
- Try physical therapy: Therapy can help you carry out particular exercises that will strengthen your body and your back muscles. This works together with upper cervical chiropractic care to keep your spine in its best shape possible.
- Eat healthily: Lack of vitamin D in the body can result in back pain. Supplements can help if your body does not produce enough vitamin D. Inflammation is a crucial contributor to pain, so avoid foods that trigger inflammation, such as the following:
- Processed foods
- Trans fat
- Gluten — especially if you have celiac disease or gluten intolerance
Upper Cervical Chiropractic Resolves Back Pain
Keeping your back in its best shape is the number one way to maintain your overall healthy body. Here at Advanced Spinal Care in Redwood City, California, we work on maintaining the proper alignment of the uppermost bones of the neck. Misalignment in this area is often the reason for back pain in many people. We adjust the bones to return to their correct positions, resulting in a decrease or elimination of back pain.
To schedule a complimentary consultation call our Redwood City office at 650-595-0500 You can also click the button below.
if you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.